Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fleeing from home

I movie Script

We Live in Despair, Still Waiting…..

This is probably what the ‘Lost Boys of Sudan’ are thinking deep in their mind.

Recently, we have been studying about ‘The lost boys of Sudan’ in our humanities class. The Lost Boys of Sudan are people who fled from their country Sudan because of war and other crisis. After studying about what they have went through, we made a collage about them.

I put pictures related to the Lost Boys on my collage. I separated my collage into 5 parts. The 5 parts are the crisis going on in Lost Boys’ home country Sudan, the Kakuma refugee camp where some of them are staying, the Dinka tribe, problems they faced in America, and ways for you to help them get rid of the pain.

On the top right corner, there are pictures of conflicts happening in Sudan. I pasted some of the pictures showing the people in Sudan and cut out the map of Sudan into pieces to show people that there are conflicts in the country. There are pictures of dead people and a rebel fighter standing with bullets all around his body. They show people why the ‘Lost boys of Sudan’ had to run away from their home.

On the down left corner, there are pictures of Kakuma refugee camp and Dinka tribe. The pictures show a brief daily life in the Kakuma refugee camp. Then on the upper left corner, there are pictures and texts describing what the Lost Boys of Sudan had experienced during living in America. The text saying ‘heaven?’ describes what the ‘Lost Boys of Sudan thinks of America before them actually and live there. Because most of them think that America is a heavenly place with a lot of money and happiness. But when they go to America and live there, they experience all kinds of things. Cultural chock, prejudice, hard work and even racism sometimes. The symbol near the pictures is a symbol of KKK, representing some of the racist comment and actions that they have experienced in America.

Then in the middle, there are ways for you to help the ‘Lost Boys of Sudan’ find relief and comfort. There are sites that you can check out to get more information about the ‘Lost Boys of Sudan’ to help them.



Think Creatively!
There are some creativivity aspects on my collage. I cut a map of Sudan to show that there are conflicts going on in Sudan. I have changed the font sizes for my six word memoir to get smaller and smaller. Also, the letters look shaky and weak.
This show that the 'lost boys' are living in despair and that they are getting weaker every seconds.

Reason Critically!
I used the images and texts to show my understanding of the Lost Boy's situation.
I put pictures of soldiers, burning lands,and undernourished children to show the conflicts in Sudan. Along with those picture, i put a picture of a dead body, showing that there are people dying every day in Sudasn due to war and hunger.Then i put a picture of a rebel fighter. The rebels have caused civil war and other small crisis in Sudan. Then, i put some texts describing the Lost Boys' life in Kakuma refugee camp. Lack of food and theives at night. I also put the Lost Boys smling together to show that they are dependent to each other and confider each other as friends.

Communicate Effectively!
Explain how your collage creates awareness for the Lost Boys’ plight.
My collage shows that there are people suffering in Sudan. Then I put texts with some pictures of Sudanese in America to show the problems that they are encountering in America. Racism, prejudice, low paying job and problems with education. Some of the Lost Boys went to America and ended up with lives worse than their lives at the refugee camp.

Live Ethically!

I think my collage demonstrated empathy and might evoke an emotional response from my viewrs. Because I put pictures hard daily life in the Sudan and people suffering. I put a text saying '200000 estimated death' , which might touch somebody's heart and evoke an emotional resonse. Also, there's an extremly skinny child with sad face. All these elements on the collage would demonstrate empathy. Also, I put some donation sites and a picture of smiling Sudanese kids to enable the viewers to take a look at the sites and help Sudan.

No comments:

Post a Comment